Title: Clara (2 years)
Neighborhood: Ontario, Canada
When we moved right into a model new living ultimate twelve months, it was one of the vital easiest likelihood to switch in our daughter’s nursery for a “huge woman room”. I wanted a contented and shiny house for our spunky girl, alternatively I moreover love good, ethereal rooms, so decided to maneuver with a clean white backdrop and add satisfied punches of purple, turquoise and yellow.
An old wrought iron mattress was the biggest issue on my need record for the room, and I spent some time checking Kijiji (similar to craigslist) and thrift retail outlets, apart from indirectly discovering this one for a steal. It was once moderately rusty and chipped, so we determined to spray paint it scorching crimson. I in reality like the best way it pops in opposition to the white partitions and bedding.
The rest of the objects throughout the room had been amassed inside the months absolute best as so much as our switch and concerns similar to the cushions and one of the most art work had been DIY duties. The floral “C” above the mattress used to be as soon as originally a spherical replicate with broken glass that I realized on clearance at a local retailer, on the other hand the coloration and pattern were so excellent that I may no longer go it up. We eradicated the glass and used a jigsaw to create the letter C after which touched up the paint.
This room merely makes me glad every time I stroll by the use of, and I love how quite a bit it shows the relaxing personality of our little girl.
- Paint Coloration: Benjamin Moore White Dove
- Mattress: Offered 2nd-hand and spray painted Krylon Mambo Crimson
- Dresser: Ikea Hemnes, knobs from HomeSense Canada
- Toy chest/bench: Ikea Stuva, cushion – DIY
- Flamingo cushion: Society6.com
- Flamingo print: elisejoy.com
- Hiya Sunshine print: Rifle Paper Co.
- Canvas art work: HomeSense Canada
- Bedding: Intention
- Lamp: Purpose
- Chandelier: Thrifted
- Polka dot wall decals: Etsy supplier TweetHeart Wall Paintings
- Red shag rug: HomeSense Canada
Thanks, Melody! Readers, seek the advice of with Melody at Small World Designs.